17 Things That Happen When An Empath Loves A Narcissist
There Has Never Been A More Toxic Union, Than The Relationship Between An Empath And A Narcissist.
Empaths often are misunderstood as being weak, or victims of their kindness. That’s not the case at all. Empaths are strong, resilient individuals who are highly sensitive to the feelings and emotions of others. However, when narcissists enter the picture, “victims” are exactly what empaths become, if they don’t know how to protect themselves and create boundaries.
Empaths want to heal the world, and can’t stand to see someone in pain. Because of this, they are naturally drawn to the irreparably damaged narcissist and their tales of woe. But a narcissist doesn’t want to heal- a narcissist wants to manipulate, belittle, and most of all, continue to be a narcissist.
Even though yes, most empaths are already aware that being in a relationship with a narcissist is an unhealthy decision, they might not know exactly what they are in for- until now.
Here Are 17 Things That Happen When An Empath Loves A Narcissist:
1. The narcissist creates a sense of comfort for the empath. An empath will feel a strong connection to the narcissist, even if he or she does nothing to reassure the empath that their feelings are correct.
2. Empaths love to love. They enjoy making other feel “whole” again. But there is a problem…the more love and care an empath gives, the more powerful and in control a narcissist becomes.
3. The narcissit will make the empath feel like the relationship is going well, but what is really happening is the narcissist is seeking constant validation. They ask “you love me, right?” and swiftly turn any (and every) conversation into one about themselves.
4. After a while, the narcissist will begin to use “gaslighting” tactics to make the empath feel enormous self-doubt. “I never said that,” “you’re crazy,” and “you’re imagining things” are common phrases that start the rapid decline of an empath’s mental stability.
5. This creates a relationship of control for the narcissist. They leave the empath feeling reliant on them for everything- they begin to feel like no one else would want them.
6. All of these manipulation tactics and control mechanisms cause many empaths to experience severe depression and anxiety. This only furthers the empath’s belief that they “need” the narcissist in order to feel okay. They alienate themselves and the narcissist becomes their entire world.
18 Things That Happen When An Empath Falls In Love With A Narcissist
1. The empath enters the relationship wanting deep, unconditional love. The empath is attracted to theRead More
Paul Allen, Microsoft co-founder and Seahawks owner, dies at 65
Microsoft co-founder and Seahawks owner Paul Allen has died following a battle with non-HodgkinsRead More